When I started creating this website I wanted to take pictures of each item ourselves. Then retake pictures as each item was sold and replaced with a new one. Luckily I never did a pinky swear for that because here we are a couple of years later with over 4000 items up for sale, and that just is no longer possible to do in a timely manner.
So we are introducing a grading system.
You may have already noticed browsing parts here that the title would say “New”, “Original”, or “NOS”. We are now going to expand on those titles.
Our new system will be:
- New: A new modern part that may be placed on backorder and reordered when necessary.
- NOS: New Old Stock. New never used part that is no longer being manufactured.
- Original: This indicates an original part. If no other qualifiers are listed in addition to this, then the photos are of the actual part.
- Original, Excellent: Original part taken from a previously used machine, that is still in EXCELLENT condition. Did anyone ever even use this? The only thing keeping this from being NOS is not being able to prove it’s history.
- Original, Great: Original part taken from a previously used machine, that is still in Great condition. This item may have some minor cosmetic marks showing signs of use, but will still function like new.
- Original, Blemished: Original part taken from a previously used machine, that is in BLEMISHED condition. It works well, but may not look so shiny and new anymore.
- Original, As Is: Original part taken from a previously used machine, that is in AS IS condition. These are cheap for a reason!
Our hope is that this new system will allow us to list more items, and do so faster than we are able to do now. Our returning customer probably already know that we are very picky about condition and will trust our judgement. For new customers, you are a bit anxious about trusting our grade, then by all means reach out. We will still take photos of items on request!