We are looking to fill a general help position. This position will include multiple duties:
- Helping customers in store
- Helping customers on the phone
- Helping customers on computer/social media
- Demonstrating new sewing machines and products
- Receiving sewing machines for repair
- Checking out the customer when their machine is finished or purchase is ready
- General store organization and basic daily cleaning
- Occasionally boxing online orders
- Website product listings
Don’t worry we never ask you to do anything we wouldn’t do ourselves, and everyone here wears just as many hats so to speak.
- Vintage sewing machines can be heavy so you should be able to lift up to 40lbs. (You may need to bring these in from a car for a customer, but we do have carts available to make this easier.) Again if it’s something larger or heavier than you can handle help will be available.
- You should have a general knowledge of sewing and a desire to learn more. We work in over 100 years of sewing history, so there is always more to learn, and the willingness to do so is key.
For the right candidate this will lead to a permanent position doing your favorite parts of the job.
looking to fill a general help position. This position will include multiple duties: Helping customers in store, on the phone, and possibly via computer/social media. Receiving sewing machines for repair as well as checking out the customer when their machine is finished or purchase is ready. General store organization and basic daily cleaning. Occasionally boxing online orders. And more. Don’t worry we never ask you to do anything we wouldn’t do ourselves if time permits.
Please use our contact page to send us a resume or brief history of why you would be the perfect addition to our stores.
We are looking for instructors with unique skills in the world of sewing. Our new classroom is the perfect place to share your creative gift with the world. We are looking for instructors in all manner of sewing from fashion to quilting and anything in between.
Please use our contact page to send us a resume or brief history of why you should be one of our new teachers.
We have an opening for a technician. Sewing machine repair experience is desirable, but we can offer training for the right person. We routinely work on over 100 years worth of machines from multiple manufacturers. We never expect anyone to know everything about so many different models, but the right person should have the ability to apply their knowledge and troubleshooting skills to solve problems on almost any machine. Our end goal is to always to provide the customer with a repair solution. “It can’t be fixed” is generally not in our vocabulary.
In addition to repairs we offer restoration and customization services. Experience in these areas would be helpful, but not a necessity to start.
Please use our contact page to send us a resume or brief history of why you should be our new technician.